Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Welcome to my life.

Sorry – I have trouble working out what to call the subject. It gets boring to call it “catch up” every week.

I had a great weekend! It all started with Friday. Technically Friday is a work day but I’ll start it then.
I rode my bike to work which was great! It was a fabulous morning! Not freezing cold but not hot either and we made good time as well. Fortunately Jake took the bike home with him (he was at Tafe around the corner) and I got a lift home. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll ride the bike and ride home also! Wish me luck.

Friday night was a busy one. When I got home I did some last minute cleaning for my friends that were coming over in the morning. After I’d finished cleaning Jake and I went over Damien’s for Games Night. Jake stayed over Damien’s and the boys played (along with some other males and females) while Natasha and I went out for a drink and a chat. Eventually, after a good long time, (the place was packing up around us) we made it home. The game still hadn’t finished so Natasha and I decided to watch a movie. By the time I got home it was almost 1.

Saturday morning I awoke at 7.45! I had organised for a group of couples (who happen to be friends with Jake and I) to come over for breakfast! There were 10 of us all up and I had a great time. I actually cooked for most of it but I still got to chat while cooking. We had bananas, bacon & eggs, stuffed mushrooms and pancakes along with juice and milos.

Eventually it was time for everyone to get going. Jake and I tidied up a tad before I went for a lie down and didn’t get up again till much later. I was actually surprised how long I slept!

That night we didn’t do much. We hired a couple of DVDs and I got the pumpkin ready to make pumpkin soup. Oh, and very importantly, Jake let us get Cold Rock Ice Cream from the shops. .. Soooo yummy!

Sunday was a nice day. We went over Ruth’s place for some onions as I needed some for my pumpkin soup. It turned out that I didn’t actually have all the ingredients (we were missing chicken stock). Fortunately I had a brilliant idea and we used the seasoning from our chicken two minute noodles =)

Before I could mush my pumpkin soup up Jake and I had to leave for Jakes parents. Olly (the puppy) was very excited to see us and we were able to meet Alex, Shaan’s boyfriend.

Pumpkin Soup – Eventually I was able to finish making my soup and it turned out pretty good. I’ve portioned some out for lunch at work but it runs out so quick! I need to make more.

Hope you’re all well! Love you heaps.

Tammy – And her wonderful Jake.

No comments: